Last updated on November 30th, 2019 at 03:28 am
Below are some of the best portable laser printers that are convenient and can fit into your backpack for you to take it with you wherever you may need.
1. HP LaserJet Pro M15w Wireless Laser Printer (Black and White)
HP’s newest entry in the portable laser printer market is 35% smaller than its predecessor, and boasts the claim of being the smallest laser printer in its class. At dimensions of 13. 6″w X 7. 5″d X 6. 3″h, it is truly tiny.
At 19 pages per minute, it’s plenty fast for most applications. Larger printers in this HP line will have faster speeds (23-30 pages per minute, for example), however if mobility is what you want, this is the printer for you.
One caveat: FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS when setting up the printer. For those of us who think we know better (ahem, yours truly) we might be mistaken. Many users report frustration when setting it up, but closely following the instructions seems to do the trick.
- Absolutely tiny at 13. 6″w X 7. 5″d X 6. 3″h and 8.4 pounds.
- High quality laser prints, perfect for most any application.
- The price is right at around $100 + toner.
- Most negative experiences are related to setting up wireless or using the HP App/software.
- If you run into these issues, HP has a tech support hotline that can walk you through the process (+1 800-474-6836)
- Due to its size, output tray gets crowded at around 30 pages, so you’ll need to stick around and remove the printed pages (can’t run unsupervised for very large jobs).
- Note it only prints Black/White.
2. Brother Compact Monochrome Laser Printer, HL-L2350DW
Coming in at #2 in our list is the Brother Monochrome Laser Printer. As the name states, it only prints black, which is pretty standard for portable printers (adding color capabilities is quite hard when trying to keep weight down).
It’s heavier than our #1 listing (~16 lbs vs. ~9 lbs), but still comes in at less than 20 pounds, which is our personally defined standard for “portable”.
Fast printing speeds, double sided printing, wifi capability (along with an affordable price), make this a great choice.
- Fast printing speeds at 30 pages per minute.
- Double sided printing (great for long documents and conserving paper).
- Amazon Dash enabled, so you can automatically order new cartridges and supplies.
- As with many Wifi printers, some users complain of difficulty setting up the wifi connectivity. Best option is to closely follow the instructions, and connect support if necessary.
3. The Primera Trio Portable All-in-One Printer
As one of the world’s lightest and smallest portable all in one laser printer from Primera Technology, the Primera Trio can be used for printing, scanning and copying documents while on the move. Its small size means that it can easily fit into a purse, backpack or briefcase. The input tray can hold up to 10 sheets of paper as it has a rear slot designed for heavier paper, four by six photo papers and envelopes.
The Primera Trio is ideal for those who need to scan, print and copy documents while on the move. Its light design makes it ideal to move around with without being worn down. It prints both black and colored documents and has an excellent quality.
Not ideal for printing large documents.
4. HP LaserJet Pro M125nw Wireless Laser Printer
The HP brand has always had a name when it comes to laptops and printing devices. It’s no wonder that the HP LaserJet Pro M125nw made it to our list. This printer is a multipurpose laser printer that allows for monochrome print, copy, scan, wireless printing, Ethernet network connectivity, LCD Display and so much more. If your work requires lots of printing, this is the printer for you.
This printer prints about 21 pages every minute. The input tray has a limit capacity of 150 sheets and allows for mobile printing from anyplace using your tablet or smartphone with the HP ePrint app that is free. The printouts are of high quality.
The function window has no light.
If you are a business professional that is always on the road and needs to shop for the best portable laser printer, it’s important that you consider the reason for the purchase. From our review, there are certain printers that are multi-purpose – i.e., they print, scan, and copy – while others aren’t. If you need a printer that can do all these, it’s important to do your research as well as read several reviews online, and what people think of the said product you have shown interest in.
Easy set up for your printer is something that you need to consider as well. When you need to set up your printer while on the go, you don’t need a printer that will take ages to set up and start. A good printer will also produce high-quality printed documents that you can even use in presentations if need be. Above all, the size of your portable printer is everything. A small and light printer will be much more efficient to move around with without feeling the weight. If you travel a lot for business, ensure that you consider the space you have for carrying a printer and if it can easily fit into your backpack.