Last updated on February 15th, 2020 at 06:47 pm
In today’s life, printers have become a much-required accessory for almost everyone. Students, professionals, and even business organizations will need a printer for various reasons. A3 printers are printers which are much bigger than the regular printers and have more comprehensive printing systems. When it comes to A3 printers, the most challenging decision you are tasked with is choosing which printer to acquire. The advances in printing technology have ensured that printer prices are not as steep as they used to be, and you get an array of features with the different printers that you opt for. Because of the various makes and models available in the market, we have created a comprehensive list reviewing several A3 printers in the market. Without further delay, let us dive in and start reviewing.
Epson Expression Photo XP-960
The Expression Photo XP-960 is a follow up to the iP8750, and as with most Epson printers, this one does not disappoint. It is a compact all in one A3 printer that is ideal for producing long-lasting prints with superior quality. The printer utilizes Epson’s six-color Claria Photo HD ink system to ensure that your prints are rich and vibrant with smooth tonal gradients. It is equipped with an interactive LCD screen for operations, thus making the maneuverability of the printer exceptionally straight forward. The printer also has Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity. Should you wish to print from your phone, you can do so via the iPrint App that works with any iOS and Android devices. The printer boasts two front-loading trays, a rear specialty media feed, and motorized control panel and the output tray.
- Apart from A3 sized prints, the Expression Photo XP-960 is also capable of handling A4 prints.
- You can print both wirelessly and remotely thanks to the printer’s numerous connectivity options.
- It is easy to use.
- Users can opt into the Amazon Dash Replenishment program which, after activation, keeps track of ink usage and one can order more from Amazon when you’re running low.
- The six ink cartridges and high print resolution (5760 x 1440 dpi) deliver outstanding print quality.
- The printer is not easily portable.
- Its printing speeds are rather slow.
- The capacity of the printer’s cartridges is limited.
Canon PIXMA Pro-100 Inkjet printer
With 8 Dye-based inks with Chromalife 100 for amazing gradients and color, the PIXMA Pro-100 is one of the best printers A3 printers that you can opt for as it features some of the fastest photo printing capabilities we have witnessed. The printer is extremely versatile and can be integrated into a user’s workflows, and it also delivers printing speeds and quality that are exceptional. With 4800 x 2400 dpi as the maximum resolution, the printer uses Canon’s FINE technology for incredible detail
- The speed prints are top notch in comparison to other A3 printers.
- Your grayscale prints will be some of the best you have seen as the printer has three dedicated inks solely for this purpose.
- The inclusion of the ChromaLife100+ dye inks ensures that your prints can last for long periods.
- The easiness of use as well as the quick set up makes it ideal for novices, and users who have never used the printer before.
- You can purchase the cartridges individually should one run out before the others.
- Lastly, you can print directly onto a disk with this printer.
- It is slightly pricier in comparison to its competitors
- The printer is bulk
Canon PIXMA Pro-10S
Utilizing the Optimum Image Generating System, the PIXMA Pro 10S is an outstanding A3 performance that delivers prints precisely as you envisioned them. To deliver the beautiful prints, ten pigment inks are used within the printer with one of them being a “Chroma Optimizer” that gives a smooth finish when you are using glossy paper. In addition to the standard six colors, the remaining nine cartridges contain red and grey inks as well as photo black and matte black ink. Users are guaranteed of uniform glossiness, a wide color gamut, and dense blacks thanks to the printer’s combination of Chroma Optimizer and Pigment based inks.
- Users do not have to manually shift between the photo black and matte black inks when printing as the printer does so automatically thanks to the individual channels in the print head.
- The output quality is exceptional, and with a maximum resolution of 4800 x 2400 dpi, there are no unwanted output casts.
- The printer is equipped with both a front and rear media feed.
- With a printing speed of 1 minute 13 seconds for 6×4; standard quality prints, the PIXMA Pro-10S is rather slow.
- The printer is bulky weighing about 20kgs.
Epson SureColor P600 Inkjet Printer
Boasting a print resolution of 5760 x 1440 dpi, printing speeds of 1 minute 4 seconds for standard 6 x 4 print quality and panoramic A3 printing, the Epson P600 is in a class of its own. It is equipped with a roll feeder, which means you can customize your aspect ratio by utilizing photo paper in rolls to match your requirements. It has a 2.7-inch touchscreen from which you can operate the printer and high capacity cartridges that hold almost triple the amount of ink of its competitors. The color accuracy is a thing of beauty as the printer delivers vibrant color prints and exceptional black and white prints. Other features and trappings available on the p600 include USB 2.0 and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Can be used with multiple media types including plain paper, photo paper, canvas, cut sheet, fine art paper, panoramic, roll paper, glossy photo paper, and CD/DVD.
- The cartridge capacity is impressive and much higher than that of competitors, meaning you do not have to refill the ink always.
- The printer has a roll feeder a feature that most of the other A3 printers do not have.
- The color accuracy is awe-inspiring.
- The black inks share the same output channel, which means you will have to switch between matte black and photo black inks manually.
Brother MFC-J5330DW Color Inkjet Printer
This printer was created for users seeking reliability, performance, and maximum efficiency, thus delivering the best value for your money. The printer is equipped with an automatic feeder for handling volumes of print and works alongside a 4-ink system for fine quality print. With a maximum resolution of 4800 x1200 dpi, you get sharp black text and high-impact color documents. Other bells and whistles that accompany the printer include a USB slot and Wi-Fi. Should you so wish, you can print via the AirPrint, Cloud Print, Mopira, and Brother’s printing app. This printer is ideal if you are on a budget as it can also be used for scanning and copying.
- The printer is reasonably priced, and for what you get from it, we can say it delivers value.
- Its paper handling capabilities are exceptional.
- In comparison to its competitors, the photo quality of the Brother MFC-J5330DW is wanting.
Epson SureColor P400 Wireless Color Photo Printer
Now if you are looking for an intuitive printer, produces brilliant imagery, and is energy efficient then the Epson SureColor P400 is a sure bet. In comparison to other printers in our list, the P400 is light and small. It boasts a good number of features such as built-in Ethernet and USB connection, Wi-Fi connectivity, and a roll feeder. Utilizing seven-color UltraChrome HiGloss to pigment inks with a gloss optimizer, this printer delivers awe-inspiring prints with exceptional details thanks to the printing heads small ink droplet size. The printer is compatible with several media including glossy, matte, and fine art paper which can be loaded on either the front or rear feeders. Finally, should individual formats and panoramic prints be more up your speed then you can achieve this by using 2-inch core roll media.
- The print quality is exceptional and well detailed.
- The printer is equipped with a roll feeder which most A3 printers typically lack.
- The P400 consumes very little power and is EnergyStar 2.0 compliant.
- It is relatively expensive in comparison to its competitors.
When it comes to choosing an A3 printer, there are several things that you should consider when making your decision. These include but not limited to the printer’s image quality & maximum resolution (dpi), the total cost of purchasing the ink when they run out, the number of the ink cartridges, the connectivity features, frequency of usage and finally your budget. Ascertaining that you have the right combination of critical elements will ensure that you are getting the best out of your printer. Take your time and make sure you do the necessary research and even have a conversation with people who either own or have had experience using A3 printers. We can guarantee that your prints will thank you for this as they will be nothing short of exceptional. All the printers we have included in our list will give you a fantastic printing experience, and the different prices ensure that there is something for every budget. We hope you’ve found our round-up of the best A3 printers to be helpful as you undertake your journey of acquiring an A3 printer.