Last updated on June 23rd, 2019 at 03:22 am
There are lots of scanners available in the market today which makes choosing one difficult. However, in today’s world, a scanner helps you avoid clutter and numerous files as it enables you to digitize your most important files. When looking to digitize your most important documents, having a fast document scanner can make all the difference.
With a good quality scanner, you will not only be able to quickly go through the process and save time, but you will also be able to get quality scans. As such, there are various factors to consider when looking for a document scanner such as the type of documents you’ll be scanning, size, storage among others.
If your scanner has become slow and you are looking to upgrade to a fast scanner or are just looking for something fast, our below review will help you get a fast document scanner that will impact your life positively.
1. Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Scanner
If your business involves scanning large volumes of documents every now and then and are looking for a fast scanner to help you thought, then the Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 should be your go-to scanner.
- Ability to scan about 25 double-sided pages in 60 seconds
- Can automatically detect color vs. black and white as well as blank pages
- It naturally guides you through the scanning process making it an easy to use scan
- Easily access your documents from any of your devices
- Ability to send your scanned documents to numerous programs such as email, Microsoft Office and SharePoint
- Extra layer of security given that you can generate a password to protect your PDF files
- Suitable for those looking to scan large volumes of documents regularly
- Has a separate sleeve that you can use to insert fragile documents
- USB 3.0 and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Feeds different kinds of paper texture and is easy to set up
- Wirelessly connects to only one computer at a time
- Lower quality color saturation compared to other scanners
- Not suitable for scanning photos
2. Epson Perfection V850
With the Epson Perfection V850 scanner, you are guaranteed of nothing less than quality scans. Boasting of a 6400 dpi, this scanner is great for scanning photographs, film, graphic design as well as any documents of your choice.
- With a 6400 dpi, you are assured of nothing but professional quality scans
- Allows you to preserve the original copies of the documents you scan
- Easily transform your documents into an archive
- Has a dual-lens and advanced optics for scanning that results in very clear scans
- Has a LED light source that enables you to scan with zero warm-up time needed
- Easy to set up
- Little to no retouching required given that the scanner can remove scratches, dust and any surface defects
- Compatible with majority of Windows versions and Mac OS
- Has an amazing tonal range for fine shadow details and smooth gradations
- Quite pricey compared to other scanners
- Included software could do with some upgrade
3. Visioneer RoadWarrior 4D Scanner
What we love about the Visioneer RoadWarrior 4D scanner is that it is a portable scanner that can be used by various professionals due to its ease of carrying around as well as the ability to scan oddly shaped documents.
- A scanner that is not only portable, but is powerful and compact
- Ability to scan both sides of your document at once hence saving you time
- It can be used to scan different types of documents
- Has the ability to convert your documents into JPG, PDF or other known document formats
- With the press of a button, you can easily scan your document to multiple destinations which saves you the hassle of converting your scanned documents to different file formats
- Well-priced making it affordable
- Ability to scan documents that are up to 30 inches long
- High-quality software included as well as high-end apps for OCR and document management
- Easily charge it using a USB cable which means less wire clutter for you
- It’s not compatible with every computer system
- Compared to other scanners in our review, the Visioneer RoadWarrior 4D scanner can be slow
- In order to achieve complete and straight scans, the paper has to be fed at the right angles
4. Brother High-Speed ADS-2200
Brother has a wide range of scanner models that individuals or business can choose from. The Brother High-Speed ADS-2200 Document Scanner does not just come with great scanning speeds but is also packed with amazing features.
- Has two-sided scanning which makes the process much faster for you
- Scan your documents at great speeds of 35 pages per minute whether two-sided or one-sided
- The automatic document feeder has a 50-sheet capacity which means you don’t have to worry about constant paper additions
- Scan and send your scanned documents to multiple destinations such as email, USB flash drive, OCR, image or file
- Ability to detect a multi-feed as well as background and blank page removal
- It offers numerous driver support and is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems
- Ability to scan a variety of documents
- Can scan documents that are as long as 34 inches
- Saves on desk space as it doesn’t occupy much space
- Reliable and easy to use
- Doesn’t have the capacity to scan multiple documents at once
- It is a noisy scanner
5. Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1500 Duplex Scanner
While the Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1500 may not be as portable as the Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i, it still has features that make it an excellent choice for those keen on buying a fast document scanner. It’s easy to set up and is reasonably priced.
- Available in five different styles which gives you the freedom to choose the one that suits your needs
- The scanner can easily scan 30 pages per minute and has a 600dpi optical resolution
- Can scan various types of documents
- The scanner can withstand up to 2,000 uses in just one day
- It has an adjustable feed tray that can be adjusted to accommodate documents of different sizes
- Has an automatic correction and quality detection software that helps clean up and organize your documents by deleting blank pages and cropping unnecessary details
- This Fujitsu scanner is a duplex scanner which makes it a great choice for going paperless
- Wireless connectivity allowing you to connect to your mobile devices via Wi-Fi or USB
- Compatible with Mac, Windows, iOS and Android devices
- Its automatic document feeder can accommodate 50 sheets of paper
- Scan to multiple cloud services destination such as Dropbox, Google Drive as well as to folders on your desktop
- It’s quite heavy
- Has an inferior build compared to other Fujitsu scanners
When it comes to choosing a scanner, there are certain times that you may need to make a compromise. This will depend on whether you need a fast scanner or a high-quality one. All this comes down to you as an individual. Scanners that are able to quickly and easily scan our documents are a must have especially if you are looking to digitize your important documents and avoid clutter.
That said, we hope that our above review has been able to give you a glimpse of the scanner you can purchase if you are keen on owning a fast and reliable scanner.