Last updated on January 3rd, 2020 at 04:34 pm
If you are into crafts, you are likely familiar with acetate paper. However, if you are not familiar with acetate paper, it is basically a transparent material that is made reacting acetic acid with cellulose and sulfuric acid to create a sheet of transparent plastic film with a glossy finish. The result is an inexpensive paper that can be used for both crafts and baking projects. From paper feed issues to ink smudging, printing on acetate is not one of the most manageable tasks to undertake simply because most printers are designed to work with regular paper. While printing on acetate paper is daunting, it is not impossible fete to achieve. All it requires is for you to have some patience if you are using a standard issue printer and not one designed for crafters.
Laser printers and inkjet printers are some of the best printers to use if you want to print on acetate paper, but the viability of the results depends on if the right printer settings and media are used. Since there are several options available in the market and choosing the right printer can be strenuous, we went on a hunt to for the best printers for acetate that you can consider purchasing for the best possible outcome.
Samsung ProXpress SL-M3320ND Laser Printer
If you are looking for an acetate printer that will best work for overhead projection acetates, then the Samsung ProXpress SL-M3320ND is likely to be your best bet. This A4 monochrome laser printer produces quality acetate print especially if you are working with the primary black and white colors. The printer is versatile and has the capability of handling various media. This means that you are not restricted to the choice of media you can use. If archive, labels cardstock, cotton, paper or even acetate is what tickles your fancy, you are almost guaranteed of a great outcome as the printer is equipped with a Samsung rendering engine for clean page feature that will ensure you get crisp images and text regardless of the media.
- Can be used for multiple printing media.
- The printer is simple to operate, eco-friendly and yields high-quality result.
- The sheet input tray is expandable for optimized working.
- You can print straight from your Android or iOS devices at the push of a button.
- The tray cannot be used for multiple purposes.
Xerox Phaser 7500DN A3 Color Laser Printer
The Xerox Phaser 7500DN is a supersized professional quality printer that is perfect for printing on acetate paper. It can be used on acetate papers up to A3 size and still maintain a high-resolution of 1200 x 1200 dpi on the images. The printer is equipped with a color printing feature that allows users to create color-coded overlays. With a high paper volume intake, high-quality results and printing rates of 28.1 pages per minute and 5.1 pages per minute for plain-text and colored pages respectively, it is easy to see why this heavy duty printer would be a favorite with many.
- The graphics and photo quality is top tier and some of the best we have seen for most large printers.
- The printer is equipped with an innovative color adjustment feature.
- It has the capacity to print super-tabloid size (13 by 18 inches) and banner size prints.
- The printer is expensive.
Epson SureColor P800 Inkjet Printer
The Epson P800 is a remarkably good printer with the capability of producing high-quality professional level prints. The printer is adapted for printing on multiple media including acetate. It has nine different colored inks and various shades of black which are ideal for creating stunning greyscale imageries. Its exceptional quality prints, compact size, paper roll adapter, and lightweight are but a few reasons as to why individuals have a preference for this printer.
- The printer is equipped with a touchscreen is really impressive.
- The printer recalls information such as WiFi passwords which is perfect if you tend to use the printer with different network connections.
- Has a top-notch print quality, and the colors are deep and highly saturated.
- The printer is extremely compact and lightweight.
- The manual feed tray is not ideal for thick fine art paper. Consequently, if you work with multiple media aside from acetate, this would be an unpleasant experience for you.
- According to some users, paper alignment on the tray is torturous.
- You will experience some ink wasting when switching between glossy and matte black papers or vice versa.
Canon PIXMA PRO-10 Color Professional Inkjet Photo Printer
The Canon Pixma is a high-quality professional photo printer with large format capabilities that does an excellent job at printing on acetate paper. With a 10-ink pigment-based system this printer delivers quality images with a print resolution of up to 4800dpi. With the right print setting, this printer will not disappoint you.
- It is affordable.
- The printer has WiFi capabilities so that you can connect to different networks.
- Equipped with three black ink options this printer does an excellent job for printing monochromatic prints
- The print output is top notch, professional level quality
- The printer cannot handle rolls which means you have to use pre-cut sheets of paper/media of your choice.
- The Canon Pixma is rather bulky.
The delicacy and non-porous nature of acetate paper are some of the things that makes it difficult to find a printer that works with the paper. This is because the paper is exceptionally prone to smearing and your work is likely to get messy as it takes quite a bit of time for the ink to dry. It is vital that before purchasing the printer, you get familiar with it. You can do so by conducting research or even asking the shop attendant for a quick demo if necessary. It also helps if you can experiment with different brands of acetate paper to know which one works best with the printer of your choice. Do not hesitate to share or ask the attendant at the shop any questions or concerns that you may have. By doing so, you are almost guaranteed of making the right purchase.