Last updated on February 15th, 2020 at 06:41 pm
Face painting is a pleasurable activity that kids, and adults get to indulge in either at parties or events when mimicking their favorite characters. This is because it allows individuals to express themselves and unwind. Some of the things you should consider before purchasing the paint include; layering, performance, how much paint you require, the base of the paint and finally your budget. While people rarely put effort into it, selecting a face paint is not as easy as picking the next tube of color at your corner store. It requires extensive research to ensure that you or your clients do not suffer any nasty effects on your skin. We have put up a list of some of the best high-quality face paints in the market.
1. Snazaroo Face Paint Ultimate Party Pack
Consisting of 12 colors, two bottles of glitter gel, two brushes, and four sponges, the Snazaroo ultimate part face paint pack are a water-based face paint that is easy to apply and wash off. They have a great formula and have a consistency that is ideal for face painting as it glides onto the face smoothly. The paint is said to be nontoxic and can be used on even the most sensitive skin. Reviewed by dermatologists and toxicologist, these paints hold up to FDA standards of approval.
- The paints are long lasting and sit without cracking or peeling for long hours.
- You get a good variety of paints that are highly pigmented and vibrant.
- The paint dries off quickly and is easy to wash off.
- It transfers easily to other surfaces.
2. Face and Body paint by Moon Creations
A water-based paint by Moon Creations, this paint is the perfect definition of an easy to use paint as it comes ready for application straight from the packet. It does not require activation agents such as water, and it is highly pigmented to give you excellent coverage and outcome to your face paint design. This paint is perfect for beginners, but it needs you to be quick handed as it dries off quickly. You get a large variety of colors with this face paint from Moon Creations.
- You don’t have to worry about the paint peeling or cracking.
- You do not need an activating agent to use this paint as you can apply it directly onto your skin from the tube.
- It complies with EU, FDA and Health Canada standards for body paints.
- It is paraben free and hypoallergenic which is a great start point if you have sensitive skin.
- You can buy the paints by as a single tube or as a set. However, keep in mind that if you prefer to buy the paint as a single tube, it’ll cost you more in the end as the cost per tube tends to accumulate quite quickly.
- According to reviews by people who have used the paint, it appears that the paint does not fully latch onto the skin.
3. Bo Buggles Face Paint Kit
With a beautiful color selection that brings out the joy of face painting, this face paint by Bo Buggles is a water-based paint that is water-activated. It has an excellent quality that makes it easy to apply and wash off. It dries off quickly despite the thick creamy consistency, and it also offers excellent coverage. You are guaranteed that transparency will not be an issue with this paint.
- The quality of this paint is akin to professional grade face paints.
- It is equipped with two paint brushes and 30 different stencils each with its unique design. The stencils also have an adhesive that makes it stick to your face while you paint.
- Individuals with sensitive skin can consider using this paint as it is hypoallergenic and delicate.
- The paint stains/ leaves a tint on your skin.
4. Artiparty Professional Face and Body Paint
The Artiparty face and body paint is a high-quality paint that comes in a kit consisting of 10 paints of which two are metallics. This paint is versatile and can be used for multiple uses and on several surfaces. Each color has been placed in well and can be removed from the kit and distributed to several artists. The paint is ideal for all skin types unless of course, an individual is allergic to any of the paint’s ingredients.
- There are silver, and gold metallic paints included in the Artiparty kit.
- It comes equipped with three brushes which are in our opinion a great value addition as you do not need to look for an applicator.
- It is paraben free, hypoallergenic, non-toxic and complies with FDA facepaint standards.
It smudges easily as it takes quite a bit of time to dry up.
It has a cakey and flakey finish once it dries up completely.
5. TAG Split Cake – Regular Rainbow Face Paint
Ideal for lighter themed face paint designs, this face paint by Tag delivers value for money as small amounts of paint go a long way. The package features red, pink, purple, green, blue, and yellow colors all in one container making it look like a rainbow cake. This wax-based paint has a creamy consistency which means it does not peel easily when applied on the skin or when you make extreme facial expressions. The paints are highly pigmented and have an even better appearance if a dark primer is applied beforehand.
- You can get a good number of applications (anything between 100 and 250) from the 50-gram TAG Split Cake.
- The formula is non-toxic and hypoallergenic which makes it safe for use on skin.
- It does not wash off easily.
Not everyone is a Pro when it comes to face painting. The look/ design that you are hoping to achieve can be a hit or a miss depending on whether you are using the right face paint that can deliver exceptional results. It is advisable that you invest in face paint that has excellent quality. When using the paint be sure to follow the instructions of use provided so you can avoid simple mistakes. Nevertheless, remember that face painting is a fun activity to have fun with it and do not worry too much about making mistakes.