Graphic designers need different types of devices to do their work. One such item is a laptop. They can choose a used or brand new laptop depending on numerous factors. In some cases, the choice of a laptop depends on cost. In other instances, the choice depends on other factors such as design and features. The performance of the laptop also determines what a graphic designer chooses. The Operating System (OS) on the laptop should also interest you. Some laptops perform better when running on a specific OS.
Below is a list of some of the best laptops for graphic design work.
Microsoft Surface Book
The laptop is one of the most highly ranked in the world of graphic design. It is useful as a tablet too. It has an amazing screen and display, which is essential for any graphic design work you intend to do. Designers can use it comfortably with Surface Dial and Surface Pen. This incredible laptop will provide all the topnotch performances you need from it even while operating at the lowest specs. The screen offers you more than you can ever hope to get from any other laptop. For example, you can flip it around, reattach it, and use it for drawing at more natural angles.
• Works perfectly as a laptop and tablet
• Superbly impressive screen
• Usable with Surface Dial and Surface Pen
• Cost increases significantly once you improve its specs
• Slightly heavier compared to the other options in the market
MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
Graphic designers who buy this laptop will never regret or feel disappointed. The laptop delivers everything it promises. The fact it is an Apple product makes it worth buying and using it for any graphic design project you intend to undertake. It runs on Intel Core i7 processor. It is not cheap; hence, the more reason you should budget for it appropriately. It provides excellent value for money though. This laptop is the sort of machine everybody who is serious about getting the creative juices running 100% should invest in without further delay.
• Excellent build quality
• Its Touch Bar works amazingly well with PhotoShop
• Fast, light and thin
• Superb screen
• Brilliant specs
• Aesthetically pleasing
• Touch Bar
• Touch ID
• Brightest and most colorful display
• More responsive keyboard
• More expansive trackpad
• Battery lasts all-day
• Operates on Mac OS
• Ports can be a bit problematic to use
• Keyboard can be noisy and uncomfortable
Dell XPS 15
Any graphic designer who discovers and uses this stunning laptop will be left impressed by its topnotch display. With an Intel Core i5 processor and 8GB RAM, there isn’t much you cannot do with this laptop. With an amazing screen and brilliant battery life, it is little wonder more professional graphic designers are turning to Dell XPS 15 for all their work. This laptop is not only slim but also light. These two attributes have made it more attractive to the top graphic design professionals.
• Jaw-dropping screen
• Excellent battery life
• Slim and light
• Full HD resolution
• Spec it up a bit, and you will end up with a laptop with not only 4K display, but also multi-touch that you can then convert into a top-performing portable sketchbook
• Available in two screen sizes; that is, the 15-inch and 13-inch
• The 13-inch model provides the perfect combination of power and portability
• Costs more to improve its specs, which make it an expensive laptop for budding designers
Lenovo is renowned for making some of the best laptops for graphic designers in the market today. Its range of laptops are popular for many reasons. The laptops rank highest where graphics, usage, and speed are concerned. The fact the laptops are relatively affordable compared to others from the competitors makes them ideal for budding graphic designers too. Lenovo Z70 stands out from the rest with its anti-glare, 15.3-inch screen. Its fifth generation Core i7 processor makes the laptop a suitable choice for all manner of graphic designers.
• Stylish and comfortable to use
• Operates on Windows 10
• RAM is upgradable from 8GB to 16GB
• 15-inch screen is ideal for designers looking for laptops with bigger screens
• 1TB of Hard Disk Drive provides plenty of storage room
• Fan, HDD, and RAM are easy to access
• Perfect for graphic designers who value a bit of entertainment in their laptops
• Motherboard may develop hard-to-repair problems thus rendering the laptop useless
• Touchpad is full of dead zones
• Flimsy and cramped keyboard
Asus ROG G752VL
Graphic designers choose their laptops based on specific factors. They look at speed, storage, graphics, and the screen. They also consider how light and portable the laptops are since they may need to carry them to meetings. Graphic designers who value these features will never feel sorry about making a decision to buy Asus ROG G752VL. Some of its outstanding features include 16GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HDD, and sixth generation Core i7 processor. With all these features, graphic designers will have a wonderful experience using this laptop.
• Backlit keyboard
• Ideal for graphics design, software development, music production, and gaming
• 24GB of RAM is perfect for operating numerous virtual machines
• Fantastic touchscreen
• Fast with incredible graphics
• The RAM is easily upgradable to 32GB
• Elegant and beautiful looks
• Solid construction
• SS/HDD combo
• Lacks BluRay drive
• Too heavy and huge
With the list of items above, you should now be in a better position to choose the best laptop for graphic design. Obviously, you are best equipped to choose what you deem the best pick based on budget, performance, designs and features. Choose well and you will never regret the choice you make. With any of these laptops, you should be able to excel at the graphic design work or project you handle at any given moment. Any of these laptops would be a superb choice for your needs – whether you are a student, amateur, or professional graphic designer.